Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Watch Men




I rarely wear watches these days, my cell phone serves as an accurate and easy time keeper. Lately I've been so charmed by the grown-up, simple feel of a device made for one purpose, especially when that useful device is adorable as well.

A few years back, I found the most classic, black-band-white-face men's wristwatch. It was about $5 at Walmart, and big surprise, the buckle broke and the battery wore out within a couple weeks. Batteries are easily replaced, though, and discarded timekeepers are everywhere. Cheap watch disaster behind me, I still haven't gotten over my love affair with the idea of a chunky man's watch on a woman! My wrists aren't oversized...no forearm version of cankles here (should we call them frists?)...but they aren't going to snap in a stiff breeze, either. The stately face and wide band of the male-oriented piece made them look dainty by comparison - at least in my eyes! It's also a great way to toughen up a frilly ensemble without going overboard. My next trip to an estate sale, I'll be breezing through the overpriced costume jewelry on my way to hunt for cool clock faces, or a glitzy gold one I can wear dangly, maybe even stacked!

No comments:

Post a Comment